Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tough Day

Since I'm assuming that most people who read my blog are getting there via facebook, I assume that most of you have already heard the news that my boyfriend and I broke up.
It came so suddenly that I did not see it until it had already hit me in the face.
So, this past week has been a difficult one for me.
Even though I know I am not alone, I feel like I suddenly am.
I feel as though I have been left alone to deal with David's death in all it's raw entirety and then to grieve Jon at the same time, in much the same way.
I usually don't make it more than a few hours without melting into a blob of sobbing, aching heart.
Today was especially hard.
It would have been my four month anniversary of dating my best friend.
But at the same time, I awoke this morning with the complete sickening realization that no matter how much I want it to happen, I don't think Jon and I will ever get back together.
Up until now, I had basically been in shock from the whole thing, feeling pain, but not completely comprehending it.
Now I comprehend it, and it hurts worse than before.
I guess all I can do is pray that a light begins to shine again, that God can restore my hope, because right now, I'm struggling.

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I'm so sorry, Paige. :( When it rains, it pours, right? I don't know what happened with you and your boyfriend but I know you will get through it. You're a strong person as long as you believe God has other plans for you and who you're going to spend the rest of your life with. Maybe it is with this guy, your best friend but right now just isn't the time. I know how you feel and believe me, it will get better :)

Jill said...

If you ever need/want to talk, you know where to find me! xoxo