Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012

The other day, I realized that I had not done a reflection post about leaving 2011 behind.
As I thought more about it, I realized that I did not really feel like doing a reflection of 2011 post.
2011 was a crap year.
I don't feel like writing a nostalgic post about a crap year.
Instead!
I decided that I will look forward.
Even though I am already a full month into 2012, it is already shaping up to be a good year.

Here are just a few of the reasons:

1) I've already gone on a trip to NYC
It was my first trip there, and it was AMAZING! I cannot wait to go back. Maybe long term? I don't know. But I now know I can hold my own there.

2) THE END IS IN SIGHT!
Graduation is almost in my grasp. I have the ability to count down the days. Not necessarily on my fingers and toes, but none the less, I can number them.
I mean, c'mon.... Don't all these people look so happy?

3) The proposition of moving in with a GREAT group of girls.
Who doesn't dream of living with a group of friends at some point in their life? It seems like an experience that I simply do not want to miss out on. And, the good news is, the more girls we gather, the better the proposition of renting a house is, and the cheaper the rent will be. SCORE!

4) Turning 21 in May
Whereas most college students dream of turning 21 so they can go out and get wasted using their own ID, I have no such desire. I'm excited to turn 21 so that I can buy my own cooking wine and amaretto to bake biscotti with. I know. I'm boring.

5) Being in two of my friends' wedding in October.
They have been an awesome example of a healthy, Godly relationship, and to be able to stand with them and watch them exchange vows, become one, is such a wonderful privilege and an honor. Besides the fact that I'm paired with my best guy-friend and he and I are going to have a blast!

6) Getting my drivers license. (FINALLY!)
I know, I know.... I'm almost 21, and I still can't drive. Whatever. Bring on the jokes.

7) Romance?
I don't know. I'm happy where I'm at, while not wanting to stay here very long. There's part of me that really just wants to get out, spend time with single guys, get to know more people, and drink plenty of coffee while doing it :)

8) The next step?
For now, I don't know what awaits me beyond 2012. And, for the time being, I am content to bask in the peace of uncertainty. It is such an oxymoron, but it aptly describes where I am at currently. At peace with not knowing what awaits me. I figure God will tell me when the time comes. 

No comments: