Monday, November 30, 2009

Graffitied Watertowers

I know, I know, it's been quite a while since my last post, but things have been quite crazy around here. Since we are nearing the end of the semester, I have projects to complete, papers to write, and exams to study for. It's all in the life of a college student, but you know what? I'm thankful for it all. I'm one of the few people who get to go to college to better their education. I have three hot meals a day and a warm room to stay in. And a great group of friends.
As I've mentioned before, I've been going to a small group on Sunday afternoons and I've become pretty good friends with a couple of the people in the group. Yesterday when we met, we all decided to go on a walk together. The house that we meet at every Sunday isn't too far from Highland park and the reservoir that's up there, so we headed up to take a stroll around the reservoir and check out the legal graffiti that is on these water towers up there. It turned out to be a crazy time hanging out with these people. All of us are quite artistic in some form (probably one of the reasons we all get along) so looking at the graffiti turned into quite an interesting experience. Since one of the girls in the group works in a photo studio, half of the walk turned into a photo shoot.

Me, Erica, Paul and Sen

The one who's actually climbing is Jon, who is a member of Push Physical Theater, hence the ability to climb the wall. The rest of us are wannabe's.

One thing I've learned about college is that somehow everything ends in snuggle/nap time. It's the natural way things go. Being all tuckered out after the walk, we all crashed on the couch. What you can't see is that I'm on the other side of this pile. Like I said, it's the natural course of things.

So, life's been good. I'm glad to be back at college after break, and I'm so glad that God's given me a wonderful (and crazy) group of friends to spend time with.

No comments: