Sunday, November 1, 2009

Your Love Never Fails

Things happen in life. Family members die. Friends move on. Life changes. People get mad at each other. It's all part of this big messy thing that we call life. It can be hard. It can be kind of sucky sometimes. But it's all because we live in a broken, fallen, messed up world. This world is not perfect, and it never will be.
And yet, we don't have to live broken, messed up lives.
I was sitting alone in my dorm last night and I just started talking with God. So much has been happening in my life. So much crap. I just started telling Him what was going on and He began to speak things to my heart. Whisper quietly and calm me. There is truly nothing on this earth like hearing the voice of God soothe you and tell you what your heart and your soul needs to hear. One thing that He began to speak to me was a song. He was speaking lines of a song to my heart and it wasn't until tonight that it finally clicked with me what song He was singing to my soul.


The lyrics go:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never fails
There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning


Put that in first person, and you have God's words to my heart last night. His love never fails. I think that's just what I'm going to have to tell my heart every time I start to feel my soul getting weary, feeling like I just want to give in.
God's love never fails.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

So true :)
They did this song at Elim on Sunday.