Thursday, February 23, 2012

Whoops...

I'm on break.
*sigh*
Having recently passed my road test *celebration dance*, this is the first break that I have had where I have not been "stuck" in Avon.
I have the ability to escape to local coffee shops, libraries, etc. if I need somewhere else to... do homework.
Yes, I am the lame college kid who goes home for February break and does a MOUNTAIN of homework. Judge all you like, but I have all but finished my senior seminar book, and done a huge amount of editing and research :)
That being said, the other day (more like evening, but whatever) I decided to go down to the Avon Public Library to get some reading and editing done while my mom and brother were at community group.
It was a productive evening, and I headed back to pick the fam up right on schedule.

Now, my mom recently bought a brand new Chevy Cruze.


It is a BEAUTIFUL car! And it's super fun to drive :) 
It also came with one of those special On Star rear-view mirrors. 
Sweet. 
I feel safer on the road knowing that with one press of a button, I can have emergency vehicles, a tow-truck, or spare gas if I ever run out. 
Unfortunately, the placement of these buttons is not ideal. 


Yep. Those little buttons are right above the little flippy thing that shifts your rear-view mirror from shining headlights into your face to not. 
So, as I'm on my way to retrieve my family, the person behind me's headlights are shining in my face.
I reach up to flip the mirror, only to be rewarded with my radio turning off and a ringtone coming through the speakers. 
Uh-oh.
I hang up quickly. 
I figure out how to flip the mirror and continue down 5&20. 
Not 30seconds later, the car starts ringing again. 
I press the answer button on the steering wheel and call out, "Hello?" 
"On Star Emergency, this is Travis. What is your emergency?"
UH-OH! I PRESSED THE EMERGENCY BUTTON!!!
"Uh... Hi! I, uh, was trying to switch my rear-view mirror thingy so the headlights weren't in my face. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to press the button!"
"That's okay ma'am. We just have to call back to make sure that you are alright."
"I'm fine! I'm so sorry!"
"You're fine ma'am. Have a good day."
"Sorry again! Goodnight!"

I'm pretty sure my face was just about as red as my mother's new car. 

1 comment:

Sarah Marie Johnson said...

Ah that sounds terrible! At least they were nice about it :) Drive back to Roberts soon, kay?