Friday, March 16, 2012

Not an Afterthought

I have been struggling lately with the feeling that I am always an afterthought.
There is always this underlying feeling that I am never someone's first choice, and that I am just the backup.
People don't get to hang out with the person they really want to, so they hang out with me.
When people get together, they invite everyone they want to and then think, "Oh, I should invite Paige too."
Deep down inside I believe that I do not fall first on anyone's list.
I believe that I am an afterthought.

But, this is very far from the truth.
I am first in God's eyes.
He loves me first, He thinks of me first, He will never leave me out.
And this is true for all who love God.
In God, I am never an afterthought.

"We love God because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

No comments: