Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Myriad of a Night

Thursday night, I ventured to Water Street Music Hall for a concert. It was Tyrone Wells and The Myriad with Matt Hires. Now, the real reason that I went to the show was to see The Myriad. I have been following their music for a while now, and when I heard that they were coming to the area, I was ecstatic. You see, for the past year they haven't been touring at all, so the fact that they came to Rochester this tour was amazing in my mind. So, when I heard they were coming, I found a friend, Jen, who would go with me and we bought tickets for the All Creatures Tour.

When we arrived at Water Street, we found it to be a smaller venue, which was nice. There were cute little tables set up near the stage and Jen and I grabbed one to sit at during the concert. We were literally five feet from the stage. It was amazing.

The thing about The Myriad at this concert was the fact that it was a stripped down acoustic version of most of their songs. Their bassist and lead guitarist are no longer with the band, so they are left with just a handful of their original guys.

Although they didn't have all the original members of the band up there, I felt as if they did a great job. I loved watching them play and listening to their music.
After the concert, Jen and I went back to the merch table and ended up talking with the merch guy for a while. I had purchased a couple of their cd's earlier, considering the fact that they were selling a cd bundle of all of their cd's for $15 (and the merch guy threw in a Myriad poster too!), I couldn't pass it up! So, I had already been acquainted with the merch guy, AKA Foster. Yes ladies and gentlemen, Foster is this kid's real name. The thing about Foster was that he was obviously hitting on my friend and I, but hey, the kid gave me a poster, so I can't really complain. The other perk about this was the fact that when we went back to the merch table and the band members weren't out there, we asked Foster if and when the guys were coming out and he called them. Couple minutes later the guys come out and introduce themselves to Jen and I. The only thing that I was really bummed about was the fact that I didn't get to meet Jeremy Edwardson, the lead singer. You see, I have a friend who REALLY looks like Jeremy, and I wanted to get a picture with him so I could show my friend. But, you can see for yourself..... Which one's in the Myriad???

If you guessed the one on the left.... you are correct! I am friends with the guy on the right and the one on the left is in the Myriad. I have to tell you, it's a little freaky how much they look alike. But, I didn't get to meet Jeremy (the one on the left) and I was sad about that. I did, however end up talking with the drummer, Randy, for quite some time. One of the reasons that they haven't been on tour as of lately is the fact that Randy was diagnosed about a year ago with bone cancer.

He's been on chemotherapy for almost a year now, and the doctor cleared him to tour. They were saying that Randy had gone through a session of chemotherapy the day before they left for the tour. When I was talking with him, I found him to be the most positive, thankful person I have ever meant. He was so happy to be on tour again and able to drum again. He seemed to love getting to meet new people again, and seemed to truly enjoy talking with me. I loved talking with him for the simple reason that he encouraged me to be more thankful for what I have in my life. I guess I can only hope to be as thankful for life as he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ALWAYS wonderful when God brings people into our lives that remind us of what is truly important and to be thankful for everything. I'm thankful for you....my wonderful,Godly daughter. =)
Mama