Monday, October 5, 2009

Crazy Life

I know it's been a while since I posted, and for that I apologize. Although, I do not apologize for the fact that my life is insane. I had 3 exams over the course of last week and spent most of my days (and nights) studying for them. I feel as if I did fairly well on them, but you never know until you get the test back.
At Robets we have this thing called the One Act festival. About a week ago I auditioned for the One Act festival and auditioned for a couple different parts in different one act's, including The Devil and Daniel Webster, and The Ferris Wheel. The Devil and Daniel Webster is a big company play whereas The Ferris Wheel is just two characters, a boy and a girl. When the cast list went up for all the different one act's, I was pleased to see that I had gotten the role of Dorie in The Ferris Wheel. Being a one act that consisted of only two characters, I have a fairly big role in it. ;)

It has been raining a lot on campus lately. With that big front that came through, it was basically raining constantly for days. I got sick of this very quickly. My feet and the bottoms of my pants were wet all the time and I, like most somewhat sane people, do not enjoy this at all. I, being the somewhat rational person that I am, thought of several different ways to solve this problem. I could wrap my feet and legs in plastic wrap. I could waterproof my sneakers and pants. I could drench my entire body so my legs and feet feel no different. No matter how hard I thought about any of these solutions, none of them completely felt right to me. While walking to class in the rain one morning, I saw something that set a light bulb off in my head. Rain boots! What an ingenious idea! So, I bought myself a pair of rain boots.

I love my rain boots. I really do. If you know me at all, you know I've been loving patterns lately, especially plaid. My backpack is plaid. I usually wear a plaid shirt. My jacket is plaid. It's a LOT of plaid. And now I have hounds tooth patterned rain boots too. I've decided to call myself the patterned mess when it rains for the simple fact that I walk around in my plaid jacket with my plaid backpack and my hounds tooth rain boots. But, you know what? I'm happy just the way I am, patterns and all.
In fact, when I got my rain boots, I was so ecstatic about A) being able to walk around outside without getting soaked, and B) being able to be a patterned mess, that I ran around outside as much as I possibly could. I found a ginormous puddle, or a shallow pond depending on where you're from, and ran through it full speed laughing. I ended up soaked. Apparently even rain boots do not have the power to keep you entirely dry when you run full speed through three inches of water. *Shrug*
Oh, and meet Megan, AKA Toby. I hang with her a bit considering she is in two of my classes and lives on my floor. A little bit crazy, but she keeps me entertained.

That's life for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very strange child.....but I love ya!

The Mama