Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just a Good Day

Today seemed to go by in a blink of an eye. I feel like I did so much and it's leaving me with a content, satisfied feeling that just makes me smile.
It started off with me having to go on a service project for my First Year Seminar class, which every freshman in college is required to take. My FYS class worked with Pastor Louis Colon of Heart and Soul Church in the inner city. We helped the church with their monthly food distribution to the needy families who live on the streets surrounding the church. It's always interesting to see how different from you live, and it was definitely different to be invited into some of these homes to deliver groceries. Many of these people weren't horribly impoverished, but they definitely were grateful for the assistance. Single mothers living in a house full of children, a family living off of unemployment, I know I will be praying for these people in the weeks, and months, to come.

After I returned to Roberts from the FYS project, I had to get ready to go out with a couple friends to Waterstreet Music Hall downtown. One of my friends, Paul Rankin, was performing some acoustic songs and a bunch of us went to go support him. Paul played a great show, and I really had a blast hanging out at Waterstreet for the night.

As for my heart, I've been taking it easy for the most part, today's really the first time that I haven't rested a ton since last Saturday. I haven't had any caffeine in a week, I've been getting lots of sleep and drinking lots of water, I've held myself back for the most part when I've wanted to be crazy. It's just going to be a long, steady build up back to normal. Please keep me in your prayers as I'm still walking through this mess, I really appreciate it.
Now! I do believe that it is time for me to head off to bed! Goodnight!

No comments: