Monday, March 29, 2010

Kind of a Tough Decision

I made kind of a tough decision recently, but one that will ultimately pay off for the better in the long run. I know many people were hoping to spend time with me this summer and maybe hang out a little bit more than this past year that I spent at Roberts Wesleyan, but, I sadly will not be returning to Avon this summer. I made the decision to work on campus this summer. I know, I know, I had a reliable job at the nursing home and have a wonderful family that misses me, but here's the deal, at the nursing home last year we were extremely understaffed in the department that I worked in, so I got a lot more hours than I should have. As of right now, the dietary department that I work in is fully staffed, which means that I would be lucky to get 6 hours a week. In the painting job that I have for the summer on campus, I will be working almost 40 hours a week. That's a LOT more. So, although I will have to buy all my own food, I will still be making many times over what I would prospectively make at the nursing home back in Avon, and hopefully make enough so my parents won't have to help me out at all in the financial department this coming school year.
I love you all back home and promise to come visit. <3

No comments: