Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Revelation on Dating

I've been working a lot lately, almost 40 hours a week, and a lot of times I work alone. This leaves me with a great deal of amount of time to think and talk to God about some things that are on my mind. One such thing is how I've never had a boyfriend, or a relationship of any kind. It bothered me. People are always telling me that I'm such lovely young woman, beautiful, and that someone will be lucky to have me as a wife one day. The thought came to my mind that if that is true, why is it that no guy has ever noticed me the same way as other people? Are people lying to me about this? I started conversing with God about this and He gave me a revelation. My biggest fear in life is having a spouse leave me, having someone that I truly care about and am completely committed and loyal to ditch me. God knows my heart and He knows what I can and cannot handle in my life. He knows that if I were to have a boyfriend now, and if he were to "leave me", I would be heartbroken and it might be more than I can handle. God is my protector and, for now, He is protecting me from something that I desire that could potentially do more harm to me than good at this point in my life. All I can do is wait on Him and pray for the future husband that He is preparing for me.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Dearest Paige,
It surprises me that you've never had a boyfriend. You're absolutely gorgeous and you just have a magnetic personality. Make sure that that lucky dood who gets you in the end knows that he doesnt deserve you :)