Thursday, June 24, 2010

Enoch

I was doing my devotionals the other day and I cam across the passage about Enoch. It says in Genesis 5:24, "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." Did you realize that there are only two people in the entire Bible who were said to have walked WITH God? Think of that word; with. As defined by the Merrium-Webster dictionary, with indicates a participation in the action. So, not only was Enoch following after God's heart, but he was participating whole heartedly in what He was doing!
I know it's morbid, but I've been reflecting on what people will think of me when I'm dead to this earth lately. Who will I be to the people who I leave here? It has been my prayer that they will call me an Enoch; speak about me the same way Genesis 5:24 speaks about him. I want people to say that I walked WITH God, that I listened to His heart and participated in what He was doing in my life and the lives around me.
I want to be like Enoch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You bless me....I can't imagine my life without you. You were the sunshine that God brought into my life during a very dark period. Because of that, I have no doubt that you are here for a purpose that is beyond what either of us can even imagine. For He brought you into this world not only to be a light in my life, but to shine so brightly that others cannot deny His presence in your life. Keep seeking Him intimately darlin. If you do,you can't help but "walk along side Him".

I love you more than you will ever know.

-Mama