Sunday, June 27, 2010

God First

Lately I've been working my way through the book of Genesis in the Bible. I find it interesting to start from the beginning  (literally) every once in a while and see just exactly where we came from. Sometimes it can get a little boring, but every time I work through a book like this, I have new and exciting revelations that I had never had before.
One such revelation is the fact that God has never, is not, and will never be second. I know that this should be common knowledge to people, but there's something so important in that and sometimes we tend to miss it. I realized this when I was reading through Genesis chapter 9. On four different occasions God uses improper English in order to make sure that He is not second. He says, "Me and you," "Me and the earth," "Me and you and all living creatures," and "Me and all life of the earth." Now, if you know anything about the English language at all, you know that it should be more along the lines of "you and I," or "all life of the earth and I," but God will not be put second, even if He has to break a few rules to do so.
Just my thought for the day!

No comments: