Sunday, March 6, 2011

People Who Have Influenced my Life; Part I

I was thinking about my life and how there are certain people who have impacted my life, certain people who, whether directly or indirectly, have shaped me.
Some people are nothing more than someone that I have read about, followed on twitter, and read their blogs.
Other people have had a direct hand in my life, sharing insight, wisdom, and directed me.
So, I thought it might be fun to write a series talking about the people who have impacted me the most.

Today, I want to talk about Renee Yohe.
I have never met Renee, but this woman is an amazing inspiration to me.
If you have ever heard of the charity To Write Love On Her Arms, Renee is the girl who started it all.
Abused, on drugs, depressed, and ready to take her own life, a couple friends lifted her up and supported her as she came to know Christ and walk through the healing process.
If you want her full story, check it out on TWLOHA's website.
I see what this woman has gone through, and who she has become, and all the good that has come out of her life, all the people who have been saved, all of the hope that has been spread, and I can only hope that I can influence people in the same way one day.
Maybe I won't found a widely popular nonprofit organization, maybe I won't have a movie made out of my life, maybe I won't get to tour the world sharing hope through my trials, but I can touch the people around me, I can share hope and love with those around me.
I'm thankful that she was willing to share her story.

No comments: