Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stupid Question

About three weeks I got my hairs cut.
And by that, I mean there was about 8 inches more of my hair on my head three weeks ago than there is now.
So, what amazes me is one simple question that I have been asked so many times since that day.
Did you get your hair cut?
So often I just want to turn the question around and ask them, "I don't know, did I get my hair cut???"
But I respond with a cordial, "Yes I did!" and a smile.
It's all I can do from pointing out the stupidity of the previous question...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUPER LIKE the new hair cut by the way!!! Can't wait to see it when I return from the other side of the world!

Auntie said...

I know... Wouldn't you love to say, "Your question MUST be rhetorical, right?" And then you can ask something rhetorical, like, "How do you think my hair ended up looking like this, other than the fact that someone cut it?" But - yeah - as Christian witnesses, we ask forgiveness of the Father for those thoughts and politely say (with a winning smile), "Yes, I LOVE it." (Thereby giving them no chance to give their opinion of said hair cut and burst your hair-cut bubble.) It looks great, Paige. Oh, BTW - Did you get your hair cut? hahahahaha!