Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Stapler and The Tape Dispenser

Every college student needs a good stapler. It’s essential for surviving college. If you don’t have a stapler, how are you supposed to hang things on your bulletin board? How are you supposed to keep your papers together? How are you supposed to do arts and crafts projects? Fix your clothes? Clean your teeth?
I have a stapler. He is a good friend of mine. I have decided that I shall call my stapler Moby. He looks like a Moby too. He’s a little lime green stapler and he enjoys traveling in my backpack every once in a while.



Moby’s a good friend of mine. He sits contently on my desk smiling at me as I do my work, knowing sooner or later that he will get to do his job and fasten my papers together. And, if I do say so myself, Moby does an excellent job. He hasn’t failed me yet.
The other day, Moby and I were having an interesting heart to heart about an issue he’s been having. You see, Moby and my tape dispenser, Henry, don’t get along very well. Henry just seems to irritate Moby in every possible way that he can. Henry gets hair caught in his tape, which disgusts Moby to the point where he will have to retreat to the desk drawer.



Moby also feels extremely threatened by the fact that Henry has sharp teeth that he constantly has barred. Moby told me the other day, “It just seems as if Henry’s always ready to bite me or something!”



I’m not too thrilled that the two of them can’t seem to get along, but what am I supposed to do?




This post has been dedicated to my creative writing teacher from senior year, Mrs. K, who is no longer with us..... 
Us being my stapler, my tape dispenser, and I..... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really are crazy you know? I don't know what else I should expect....you are my child after all.
Mama

Anonymous said...

Hey! Watch who you're callin' crazy! Sort of like the pot calling kettle black! :)