Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beauty

Fact: I have never thought of myself as beautiful.
Truth: I am beautiful.

This truth hit me like a sack of rocks today, knocking the breath from me, and flooding my mind.
You see, I have been reading "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge lately, and I think that it has been one of the most influential books in my life. I'm only about 3 chapters into the book, and already it has been more healing for me than almost anything else I've ever read.
I think every woman, every girl needs to read this and let it influence their lives like it's already been affecting me.

I wasn't able to go to church today. A number of circumstances made it impossible for me to go to my home church and I decided to have church with just God and I today.
Best choice in a long time.
I took my Bible and "Captivating" down to a nearby coffee shop and sat and read for a couple hours.
As I was reading "Captivating", God spoke something to my heart that I have heard so many times. He said, "You are beautiful," and for the very first time, my heart BELIEVED it.
My heart cried out to me, "I AM beautiful! I am beautiful for my GOD is beautiful and I reflect HIS beauty! I AM BEAUTIFUL!"
At the sound of this, I could not stand the overflow of joy.
I burst into tears.
And even now as I write this, I am starting to tear up with the joy this brought me today.
If you know me, you know that I do not cry at the drop of a hat. I have cried twice today because of the joy God brought me with that statement.
I am beautiful for my God, whom I love, is beautiful, and I reflect His beauty.

2 comments:

Em said...

paige, this is absolutely beautiful :) keep seeking out His truth

Painting 4 Him said...

It was great to see you the other night, wish we could get together to talk. You are a beautiful person, inside and out! Thanks for sharing and letting others read the wisdom God is giving you, it is very encouraging and inspiring. Blessings, Vic