Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hair Dye Adventures!

About a week ago I decided that I wanted my hair to be a lighter colour.
I had dyed my hair back in like April a dark brown/black, and while that colour was lovely and I'll probably end up dying it that colour again sometime in my future, I wanted to be more of a golden brown for the end of summer/start of a new school year.
So, Saturday morning I picked up a box of colour that looked promising and vowed to dye my hair later that night.
(I was going to look at wedding dresses that day with one of my very good friends who is recently engaged and knew it would take all day.)
That night I applied the dye and put in "The Sixth Sense" to keep me company while I waited the 35 minutes it took to colour my hair.
When I rinsed the dye out, something seemed wrong.

BLOND?!?!?
I'm NOT a blond!!!
Nor will I EVER be a blond!!!!
Disclaimer:
I have nothing against blonds.
Two of my best friends are blond.
I just could never be a blond.

I biked down to the nearest Walgreens with the speed and agility rivaling the winner of Le Tour de France to buy a different hair dye, this one more of a medium brown. 
Nothing close to blond.
Never again.
This colour was a LOT better!


I've been enjoying this colour.
At church I got a lot of compliments on the new colour, and I think I'm gonna keep it this shade for a while, but who knows what will happen if I get board. ;)

1 comment:

Em said...

Go purple!!! Haha just kidding