Thursday, September 23, 2010

Scar Tissue

I have a scar on my right pinkie.
I got it when I was a little kid.
It's barely visible, and you have to really look to see it.
99.99% of the time I forget it's there.
The only time I remember it is when something aggravates it.
Like this morning when I was working.
For some reason, the vacuum was able to rub the scar just right and caused it to hurt.
I think this is the way many of our old wounds are.
Someone hurts you, and you ask God to help you heal, and He does!
You forget about the wound and the trauma of the incident in the wave of God's love and healing forgiveness.
Most of the time you don't even think about anymore.
It's gone.
But, every once in a while, something or someone comes along that can rub that scar the wrong way and causes you to remember that old wound.
The good news is that God is still there.
The pain may come up every once in a while, but God has already healed you, and He is always there for you.

No comments: