Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lunch Box Chat

As I'm sitting here in the library, trying to work on my homework, my stomach starts to grumble.
Then it gets louder.
I shouldn't be hungry, after all, I was in the cafeteria only an hour ago.
And that's what makes me frustrated.
At my college, we are required to buy a certain number of meals if you live on campus. Okay, fair enough.
But here's the kicker.
You have to eat those meals within their set time frame or you only get a small selection of cereals, and a salad bar that, if you're lucky, will have edible lettuce.
For lunch, those hours are between 11 and 1:30, and on a school day those hours are fine.
The issue comes in when you think about the fact that I go to a Christian college where (I'd estimate) 90% of the population goes to church.
Now, what are the average hours that a church service runs?
Yes, my friends, 10ish to 12ish.
Anybody else see the issue with this?
If you factor in the time that the average Christian spends talking after service, and the drive time, most of these college kids will be lucky to be back on campus within the lunch hour!
Cereal bar, here we come!
So, my question is, why is a Christian college's cafeteria only open till 1:30 on Sundays?
Wouldn't it make sense to wait to open till 12 instead of 11, and hold it open till 2?
Most of the church-goers could then eat lunch, and you know what? I think the people who don't would still enjoy sleeping in an extra half hour.
I guess I'm just too much of a realist for those set in their ways.

Having said that... I'm gonna go scrounge up some food somewhere else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me sad.....
I just want to drive over there and bring you a decent meal!!!
I can't help it.....I'm a mother.

Love,
Mama