Thursday, August 27, 2009

Guilt Trip

My cat loves to pretend that he doesn't love me. I think it's the way cats are. They saunter about the house thinking that they're better than all of us and don't really need us, when in reality we are the center of their lives. My cat, Henry, is no different.
The past few weeks he has taken to making me feel guilty about going to college. I swear, he know's that I'm leaving. Any time I venture into my bedroom, he's bound to be laying on my bed and gazing up at me with big pissed off eyes, almost as if he's saying, "How dare you leave me!"
Yesterday, as I was packing my entire world into boxes and suit cases, he plopped himself down in the middle of it all, taking up his guilt trip stance on me leaving.
He made it almost impossible for me to get my things together. I would kick him off of my bed,
and he'd get back up. I'd kick him off my bed,

and he'd get back up. This cat is incessant with his guilt trips. I can honestly say, I'm going to miss him a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.....and he continues to sleep on your bed. He is truly pathetic!!!

Mom