Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Room

As of now, I'm all settled in and set up in my dorm room. It's quite comfy in here if you don't mind me saying so, and I'm enjoying it a lot. So, I thought I'd share a little bit of my dorm room with you. 
Here's a picture of my closet. Haven't really gotten around to getting a curtain for it yet, but it'll be there at some point. I actually don't mind the closet that much, it's bigger than the one that I have at home, so I'm actually quite thankful for it! 
Moving to the left, you get a lovely view of my desk. I've been spending plenty of time here, messing around on the internet, organizing and reorganizing the drawer, sticking all of the pictures on the back of my desk, etc. It's not too small of a desk, but small enough to get cluttered quickly. I'm doing my best to stay as organized as possible here.
If you keep turning to your left, you come across my bed. I'm absolutely in love with this bedspread/sheet set. It's so comfortable and quite cute if I do say so myself! I have a couple posters above my bed to break up the monotony of taupe that the room is bathed in. I also have a painting that I bought in Mexico hanging up. I love that painting with all of it's eccentricities and I thought it would bring a little bit more color to my room. 
I start classes tomorrow morning at 10. I'm quite excited about officially starting. I know, I know, I'm a nerd. Oh, well. I guess I just understand that by starting my classes I'm getting that much closer to achieving my dream of a doctorate, and that's what truly makes me excited.

No comments: