Monday, August 31, 2009

Good Times.....

Okay... not really.... but! if you consider taking classes "good times".... I think you get my point. Today was my first official day of classes, and I must say, I did have a good time. The fact that I don't have a class until 10 o'clock in the morning is an added bonus. A very nice added bonus. I wasn't even out of bed until 8 this morning. If I was still in high school, I would have been up at 6am, ridden the bus for 45 minutes, and would have already been at school by the time I was out of bed today.
My first class of the day consisted of Elementary Statistics. Now, with Elementary Statistics, I... well... I must say, I haven't taken a math class in almost a year and a half. I feel as if I'm so out of the swing of things with this math concept. It'll come to me eventually, I know, but I'm still slightly nervous about taking a math class again. Lucky for me the stat professor is a complete nut. She had most of the class laughing at her and themselves by the end of the class, so it was fun.
The second class that I moved onto today was my Developemental Psychology class. I must say, I was looking forward to this class very much since it is after all the area that I'm looking to major in and further on get a doctorate in. So, I was looking forward to the class, that was until Dr. Stevenson gave us assigned seating and then proceeded to pass out a quiz..... on the very first day of class. All I can say is at least it wasn't graded. The idea of the quiz was to get to know where exactly in psychology each of us in the class stood and exactly how much each of us had to learn. But, even with all of that, the whole concept of a quiz on the first day of classes really set me off. Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to the information that I will be learning in that class, but I did not enjoy the quiz..... at all.
My last class of the day was Old Testament Literature and Theology. I really don't think anything eventful happened in that class today. The basis of the day was Dr. Divine talk about why he chose the version of the Bible that he's having us read.
It was a good day, and I'm definitely looking forward to the classes I'm taking tomorrow.

No comments: