Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who I am

A friend said the kindest thing to me today, something that I really needed to hear right now.
He said that he was really proud of me.
He said he was proud of the fact that I have been able to change, to grow, to become closer to God, to become more sure of myself in who I am as a person and as a Christ follower.
I have been friends with this guy for years, went to youth group together, and it was good to just hear someone from my past recognize how much I've grown.
Over the past two years, I feel as though I have changed so much. People who know me now would not even recognize the Paige I was just two years ago, so they cannot even begin to comprehend this change. And there are so few cross overs from before to now, maybe two or three who were consistently in my life before and now, that other people only get glimpses of the "new Paige". Those people only know who I was.
And that is one of the things that I am not happy about.
I don't like who I used to be.
I was volatile, overly emotional.
I do not believe my anchor was as solidly in God as it should have been.
I guess the thing that was best for me was the fact that someone actually recognized that I have changed immensely, and that they liked that change.


No comments: