Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sharing is Caring

Today I re-discovered something about myself, something I feared had been lost with my ex-boyfriend; something I thought he may have killed in me.
What I re-discovered was how much I love giving people things, blessing them by showing them how much they mean to me with just a simple gesture.
This afternoon, I was craving apple cider and doughnuts.
I so wanted this fall sensation that I coerced a friend of mine to drive me to Wegmans so I could enjoy this luscious fall wonder.
But, when I got there, I decided that I was going to buy an entire gallon of cider and a dozen doughnuts. 
I wanted to share it with people. 
It seems like such a simple thing, but the look on my friends faces when I walked up to them with cider and doughnuts and asked if they wanted any warmed my heart. 
I found myself smiling when thinking about how much enjoyment they got out of something so simple.
All I really did was show them that I care about them and wanted to share something wonderful, no matter how simple.
I hope I can show them this more often. 


1 comment:

Jessi at Nine to Phive said...

Dddaaawwww :-) This is precious. And thank you for the donut!