Saturday, October 15, 2011

Worship




Breakthrough in worship came in my life shortly after I returned to the Lord. I really walked away at the age of 17 after several years of walking with the Lord, and what happened was that when I finally returned to Him, He captured my heart again. I began to learn about worship, I began to worship Him again, but it was a stage, a process I've been going through where I've learned that really true worship doesn't necessarily happen at church, worship is a lifestyle. For me, it is wonderful to worship in the congregation, but worship is also, and more importantly to me, obedience. As you combine joyful surrender and obedience, your worship of God becomes genuine, heartfelt relationship. You go before Him, and just tell Him how much you love Him and you are so grateful. Worship is now exactly who I am. It is just an outflow of where He's... what He's placed in me, what He's done in me, and how He lives through me. And just being a light. Worshiping Him in everything that I say and do, and making sure it's something that would please Him. 


This is a video of my step-father, David, speaking on worship.
I stumbled over it while cleaning out folders and files on my computer.
We played this at his funeral.
Joked that David would be the person to speak at his own funeral.
When he said that worship is a lifestyle, that it was how he lived, it was true.
I think that anyone who interacted with David was able to see that everything that he did in his life, he wanted it to reflect God's goodness and love. 
I watched this over and over today, partially to hear his voice, partially because the message is so good. 
We need to live our lives in worship to God, using everything that we say and do as worship.
David was such a good example in my life; I can only hope that I'm making him proud. 
And one day, I hope to marry a man who was the wonderful, Godly qualities that he possessed, qualities that you can see peaking through this video. 
I love you David.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a way to be blessed this morning! Thank you so much for sharing this. I am more than sure that he IS proud of you sweet girl. He adored you! As do I.

Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this video. Thank you for sharing it. David was full of wisdom. I value the word of wisdom he shared in my life.

Anonymous said...

What a loving tribute both to your God and to David. He was a wonderful man. We will not forget him... ever. His was a legacy that will live on and on and on.

Aunt Debbie