Sunday, October 17, 2010

Over Worked... Under Appreciated

Something that I've been noticing more in life is how it is often the little things that we do, or don't do, that make the biggest impact on the lives of those around us.
One of these things is simply letting those we love know how much we appreciate them.
It's so simple, yet so few of us truly let those we love know how much they mean to us. 
How often do you hear someone talk about a family member who died and they talk about how they regret never letting their loved one know how much they truly appreciated everything they did for them? Far too many for sure. 
And how many hurts have been caused because people do not feel appreciated? How many people have killed themselves thinking that no one noticed the work they did?
Whether you realize it or not, people are pouring out wisdom, love, time, and money from themselves to cause you to become a better person, a better Christ-follower. 
God pointed this out to me recently, and I've taken it to heart. How many of my friends, family, professors know how completely grateful I am to have them in my life? I feel as though I never fully express the depth of my gratitude to people.
One small step that I've been doing is simply stating it. Three simple words. 
I appreciate you.
I let people know when I'm thankful for their time spent with me, their input in my life, and I don't do it perfectly, but I'm growing, and I'd like to see you try to also. 
After all, I really do appreciate you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate you. <3 I try to tell you often, but I will tell you more often. You are my precious girl....you don't have to do a thing to earn it. You just are.

I love you,
Mama

Jill Hinton said...

wow. that's so true, paige... and a good reminder. you're challenged me... today is going to be Jill Shows Appreciation Day. :)