Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Respite

I had the chance this weekend to get away. Something I haven't had the opportunity to do in a long time. Or even if I had the chance to get away, the time was filled with meaningless adventures that did nothing more for me than abscond with my time and leave me weary.
This time it was different. I experienced a time of refilling, a restoring of my peace and joy. I feel more wholly Paige than I did when I left Friday afternoon.
My family and I headed down to a cottage on Keuka lake, time there given to us as a blessing from friends of the family. The hills surrounding the lake were in full autumn colours, something more beautiful than I can describe to you in mere words or pictures. It was a place filled with God's peace, and I was simply able to rest. It was something I needed more than I even realized.
I left my laptop at school. I shut my cell phone off the minute I left campus. There was no tv. I barely used my ipod. To some people, this would sound torturous, but I could think of nothing better this weekend. After everything I have been through, especially in the past week or so, it was wonderful to disconnect from life. Or rather what we as modern day human call life.
I reconnect with the true life. God. And now, I feel ready to get back to the wear of school. I have the strength to continue on, to fight the good fight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful....*sigh*. I told you it was almost heaven on earth. So glad that you came away rested. We will try to do it again in the Spring.

Love you!!
Mama