Friday, December 31, 2010

Review of 2010

As I'm sitting here, an hour before the end of 2010, I try to reflect on this past year.
To be completely honest, who I am sitting here is not who I was when I rang in the start of this year.
I've grown in ways that I could not even begin to describe to you.
I know the strains of a 18 credit load in conjunction with a 10-15 hour work week.
I lived in an apartment, buying all my own food, working 40 hours a week over the summer.
I'm a better writer, a better student, a better psychology major than at the start.
I think deeper, love more, fear less.
I've come to the realization that I am beautiful.
I don't have to try to be something else.
I've made new friends, fixed old friendships, let some go.
I hope I can say that I know God better, even though I have such a very long way to go.

After a huge snow storm in February, a bunch of girls on my floor and I ran around like lunatics in the two feet of white fluffy stuff.

We had a silent rave in the library in May.

I fell in love with these girls.
I'm now rooming with the girl on the far right. :)

I worked my butt off this summer painting.

I fell in love with the city of Rochester.
I hope to live here for a while.

Started serving on the worship team at my church back in April.

And my church had a barn dance in October. 
I have to say, barn dancing (or any sort of dancing for that matter) is not one of my strong points!

My pastor's family had a bunch of people over to help decorate their Christmas tree.
His son is also a friend of mine at school. 

It's been quite a year, and I'm hoping for one even better to start in an hour. 
Who knows, maybe there'll be a special guy waiting for me in 2011? *wink*
Anyways, I will leave you with a quote by Jamie Tworkowski (founder of TWLOHA), "Perhaps the fuss about midnight suggests that things can be new. 2011 has never happened before. Here's to the possibilities..."

1 comment:

Vic said...

And now we all wait with baited breath... Was there a man at midnight?! Haha just kidding... Good reflection post. I have always done one in years past... Not this year though. Curse being busy!