Tuesday, December 21, 2010

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays...

'Cause no matter how far away you roam
If you want to be happy in a million ways,
For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home.

I never truly understood the meaning of this song. 
I thought it was silly.
You shouldn't have to travel to be home, I would think to myself. Or even, Shouldn't home be right where you are?
I did not realize how twisted that thinking was.
Since coming to college, I have debated so many times what the meaning of home was. I scratched and pondered, thinking that home should be where I lived. 
But I've come to realize something.
Home is the place where the people I love are. It's the warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I walk into the house I grew up in and see my parents.
I can call that home. 
And as I am at college, although I am not too far away from where I call home, it is, especially at this time of year, good to come home. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just made my morning!! (I did cry though....it was a good cry.) I love having you home and it's more than wonderful when you are here.You bring me such joy my darling daughter.

Love,
Mama