Friday, November 19, 2010

5Head!

Ever feel like when you're younger there's all this cool stuff going on that you want to be part of and can't wait until you're older to participate, but then when you get older, it's all over?
When I was younger, that's exactly how I felt.
My uncle had this ska band called 5Head that was always playing shows around Rochester, and I couldn't wait until I was older to go to these concerts.
But, as these things often do, the band broke up when I was only 10.
I was upset, but as I got older and became more interested in music and the arts, I began to realize just what I had missed out on as a child.
I wanted to go back and participate, just like anyone would want to. I knew I would never get to go to a 5Head concert, and I eventually resolved this desire in my heart and accepted it.
That was until my mother called me this summer and informed me of a rumor about a potential 5Head reunion concert this fall.
That spark was reignited in me, this hope to go to a 5Head concert! Was it possible?
Sure enough, a month or two later it was officially announced... November 19th 5Head was having a reunion concert at one of the main music halls in Rochester!
So, all day today I've been stoked! The time cannot pass fast enough, and I'm all ready rock it out to 5Heads crazy sound!
Another update to come post-show! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Steve the bass player from 5Head.....did you like the show? You never followed up with a blog!

Come see my new band The Beaumonts Dec 18 at Abilene.

Steve