Sunday, November 14, 2010

What Coffee are You?

I was looking at the descriptions to some different kinds of coffees earlier today, and I found it comical how some of them were described.

Here are some examples:
Kenya AB -- A very bright, medium bodied coffee with lively citrus topnotes.
Brazil Tres Fazendas -- A rich, smooth, heavy bodied organic coffee.
Organic Dragon -- A gentle, heavy bodied coffee with silky texture, sweet-spice flavor and a clean, rich finish.

This sparked an idea in me.
What would my description be if I were a coffee?
Would someone describe me as "Bright, and sweet," or would someone look at me and say "Dull and bitter"?
Is how I am living my life in a way that people see me as a "very good cup of coffee"?
So many times I think we go through life not thinking about how other perceive us, and although how they see us should not consume us, we should still live our lives in a Christlike fashion.
I guess it all just goes back to concept I was talking about last week, how we need to love others as Christ loves us.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Inspired by the chapel by Pastor Wally I presume... I hope to be a delicious coffee someday, that when you taste it: you taste a bit of Jesus. So maybe some day my description would be tangy flavor with the base of Jesus.

Paige said...

Vic -- I was actually inspired by the description of a coffee at the library cafe... lol. I don't get the chance to go to chapel 90% of the time. :(