Wednesday, November 3, 2010

That Which is Better

I long to be with my Creator.
That simple statement is what I wish to define my life.
I want to desire Him to the extent that I commune with Him every second of every day.
I want to desire His word above anything else.
I want to desire prayer more than any trivial conversation I can have with people of this Earth.
Some days my longing to be with Him is so strong that it rises up from my core.
Some days I cry out to Him in prayer asking why He left me here, why I can't be in Heaven NOW.

Recently I was reading in Paul's letter to the Philippians and it said this:
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.


As Christians, we all need to be desiring home.
But at the same time, God has placed us here at this particular time for a specific reason.
I know I am here until He calls me home to make the best of my time.
I need to be here for the people that I will impact, and I need to do my best to make the impact that God wants me to.

No comments: