Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Emergency Starbucks Trip

Today was a Starbucks kind of day. I love Starbucks with everything in me. Coffee alone is amazing, but Starbucks... mmm... Now that's a treat! So, me and a couple friends loaded up and headed off to the nearest Starbucks for a nice little coffee treat. For me that coffee treat happened to be their seasonal pumpkin spice latte. If you've never had a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, you have never lived.
While sipping my wondrous pumpkin spice latte, (I actually got a frappuccino since it was warm out) I was reminded of my first pumpkin spice of the season.
September first was a day like any other day, that was until I checked my email. I love Starbucks so much that I get Starbucks updates on my email. So, that day when I checked my email, I received a Starbucks update. I opened it as always to see if anything was new or exciting at Starbucks or if they had even sent me a coupon. They never do, but a girl can always dream. Well, this email was extra special. It was the notifications of the start of pumpkin spice season!!!
I was so excited. I jumped for joy. I cried out in happiness. I screamed from my room. No, literally, I screamed. I even remember my exact words. "JULIA!!!!" I cried to my friend who has a car. My friend who was sitting in her room. Her room is all the way on the other side of the dorm room. "JULIA!!!! WE'RE GOING TO STARBUCKS!!!"
Julia, knowing my obsession, did not question my need for Starbucks. I ran through the bathroom, since that is after all the quickest way to Julia's room from mine, and stuck my head in her door. "Okay," she said, knowing that no matter what she said, we were going to Starbucks.
"PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE IS BACK AT STARBUCKS!!!" I cried out.
And we went to Starbucks.
And we got pumpkin spice lattes.
And I was happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without Mom.....how sad!! jk