Friday, September 11, 2009

We Were a Little Board

Before you go off and start ranting about my bad spelling, let me tell you about how we were board. Better yet, let me show you.
This is the white (or in my case, green) board that is on my door. As you can clearly observe, it is a picture of a shark breaching out of the ocean and eating a person. There is a jellyfish in the water, a bird flying above the shark and a flower falling from the sky. I have a fetish with drawing sharks. They're so much fun to draw coming out of the water, especially when you draw them eating people. As you can see, some of the girls took the liberty of labeling my lovely picture. The shark has been labeled "Paige (the savage blue shark)" and in my mouth the person has been labeled "Laurie". As it happens, "Laurie" is my RA. Yes. I ate my RA. As I am consuming my RA, I just happen to be saying, "People so much fun to eat! I wish more would come in the ocean!"
And Laurie is saying, "I knew I shouldn't have gone in the ocean!"
This is what happens to the white boards in the dorm.
Now, this white board is located on the side of my closet that faces the door. I think this board takes a little bit more explaining. That duck that is flying was originally a turkey, you know, the kind that everyone makes in kindergarten where you trace your hand and then add some legs, a wing, a gobbler and a beak. Yeah. Those. But, the turkey looked, well, bad. So, the girl that drew it decided to turn the turkey into a duck, erasing everything except the head of the turkey. Again, girls in the dorm decided to take liberty and wrote "Freedom from sharks!" in a thought bubble above the du-rkey. The second part that I think needs explaining about this board is the note on the bottom. I have to keep my coffee maker in the dorm kitchen because if you keep your coffee maker in your room, it's apparently a fire hazard. Oh, well. So, the first couple days I would have my coffee automatically make itself and I would forget about it. I would make it all the way to Garlock dining commons for breakfast before I would remember that I had coffee all ready for me in the kitchen. My roommate decided to take matters into her own hands and wrote me a note on the white board to remind me to get my coffee every morning. It's worked.
So, there's your tour of our "board"om.... ;)

No comments: