Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Church Adventure

Today I ventured out to find a church to begin going to while at Roberts. A friend and I went over to a church near here called The Father's House for their service. It was definitely an interesting service. Today was their annual service about nothing. Definitely an interesting concept. The whole service was a worship service, focusing on the movement of the Spirit and what God wants us to hear. The music was more along the lines of the kind of music that I like, but it was definitely anointed. The pastor seemed like he was a great guy and was a great speaker. (That is what little I heard him speak since the service was primarily a worship service.) Over all, it truly was a powerful service.
I guess you could say that there was only one problem that I had with the church. They didn't really make new people feel all that welcome. They had new people fill out a little information sheet so that they could get in touch with them, but then when I went to give guest services the sheet, they basically just took the sheet and did nothing more to make me feel welcome. No one really approached me to see if I enjoyed the service, no one asked me where I was from or what made me come to Father's House that Sunday, no one seemed to care if I came back or not. I can honestly say that that would not fly at my home church.
Next Sunday I'll probably be trying out a different church again. Hopefully this next one will welcome guests a little bit better.

No comments: