Monday, September 28, 2009

Rainfall

I love the scent of rain. The way it permeates everything and the way it leaves a clean smell that you can only get from nature. It surrounds you every time you step outsides and clings to you when you come inside. The smell of rain is like the scent of God to me.


I love the sound of rain. It ebbs and flows. Gradually becomes louder, while still remaining calm and peaceful. It reminds me of a song. Something that is constantly making music, but is unable to be expressed through any form of music known to us. It's God's song.


There's a romantic aspect to rain that you don't get from anywhere else. It's like when you're standing in the rain, you're exposed. Everything seems to melt away and you're seen for what you really are. But, the One that is the Great Romantic, the God of the Universe only loves you more when everything is stripped away. I feel so close to God when I'm in the rain, and nothing can seem to distract me from His love when I'm standing there.




And now.... I'm going to venture back out into the rain.....

1 comment:

Em said...

paige, you just explained perfectly how i feel about rain. that is such the perfect description of it. go take a rain walk for me girly :) love ya